When you are dealing with a family law issue such as divorce, it's important to look forward. You will have to live with the outcome of your case for a long time. As your lawyer, I will help you handle the issue in a positive way so you can move on with your life.
I am Carmel W. Sanders, a family law attorney in Macon, Georgia. I provide legal services in a broad range of family law cases, including:
- Divorce: I am dedicated to protecting your interests at every step of the divorce process to protect your finances and minimize stress. I handle military divorce issues such as division of retirement benefits. If spousal support is applicable in your case, I will diligently ensure that amounts are appropriate and that the court order is enforceable.
- Child custody: If you have children, nothing is more important than to ensure your children are in a safe and loving environment. In your family, this may mean joint physical custody, primary and secondary physical custody and/or joint legal custody.
- Child support: In Georgia, child support is determined by a formula that considers factors such as the incomes of both parents, the number of children supported and the child custody arrangement. It often takes a lawyer's help to ensure that support is calculated fairly.
- Modifications: When your life changes, your custody and support orders may need to change as well. I will guide you through the legal process of pursuing or contesting a modification of a court order. I also handle enforcement of existing orders.
- Domestic violence: If you feel unsafe, I can help you obtain an order of protection. If you have been named in an order of protection, I can help you clear your name and regain access to your home or children.
Here To Answer Your Questions
Many people feel intimated by the legal process and are afraid to ask the questions they need to ask. I will take the time to listen to your concerns and make sure that you have the information you need to make good decisions. Then I will work tirelessly to help you achieve your goals.